There is a lot in a name. Click here to find out more about our Sustainablity policies and ongoing work
Kelly Mussels 1kg (Mytilus Edulis)
Kelly mussels have a firm texture and a natural strongly defined flavour. They are farmed using the ‘long line’ method of growing or on mussels rafts providing the perfect environment for them.
- Place the net bags of mussels into a bowl or open container.
- Keeping them in the nest keeps the mussels tight and reduces water loss.
- Cover with a damp tea-towel or newspaper before putting them in the fridge to help prevent the mussels drying out.
- Do not immerse in water.
- A quick wash is recommended before cooking to remove any beards.
- Discard any mussels that are damaged or don’t close when tapped.
- Mussels can be stored for 3-4 days after delivery.